Systematic Reviews is an open access journal that encompasses all aspects of the design, conduct and reporting of systematic reviews. The journal publishes high quality systematic review products including systematic review protocols, systematic reviews related to a very broad definition of health, rapid reviews, updates of already completed systematic reviews, and methods research related to the science of systematic reviews, such as decision modelling. The journal also aims to ensure that the results of all well-conducted systematic reviews are published, regardless of their outcome.
Established in 2012, the journal is owned and published by BMC, part of Springer Nature.
BMC is seeking to appoint Editor(s)-in-Chief to succeed David Moher, Paul Shekelle and Lesley Stewart, who will be stepping down as Editors of the journal in July 2020.
The newly appointed Editor(s)-in-Chief will have full editorial responsibility for the content published in the Journal and for ensuring that the ethos, editorial standards, policies and scope of Systematic Reviews are maintained. They will also be responsible for providing strategic guidance and overseeing the commissioning of non-research content.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Individuals with expertise in the field of systematic reviews within medical science, able to demonstrate their impact in the field with an extensive publication history.
- Experienced as journal Editors, with strong critical analysis and appraisal skills, and a good understanding of peer review and publication ethics.
- Keen supporters of open access publishing.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership.
- Excellent strategic planners with the ability to develop a clear vision for Systematic Reviews.
- Interested in building strong community relationships with experts at all levels.
- Keen to innovate and continuously develop Systematic Reviews.
- Engaged with technology and willing to use the Journal’s online submission and peer review tools.
- Able to dedicate time on a regular basis to a busy and thriving journal.
Systematic Reviews is currently supported by an Editorial Office run by the publisher for administrative services, and is further supported by a committed team of Senior Editors, Protocol Editors and Associate Editors. The position offers an honorarium; whilst the time commitment is flexible, we anticipate the post-holder(s) would also have a full-time position elsewhere.
Term of appointment
The term of office will be for five years, with an option for renewal by mutual consent for a further five years.
Further details regarding the role and a detailed job description can be obtained by contacting Alexandra Hay, Publisher, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual and joint applications will be considered. Applications should include a full CV, a letter explaining your interest in the post, and an outline of what your editorial policy and vision might be. Applications should be sent to Alexandra Hay at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications
31st May 2020
Interviews and start date
Interviews will be held in June 2020, with a start date of the 10th July 2020.