|Review characteristics||Results of review|
• Key economic determinants identified and their conceptual synonyms|
• Economic characteristic, strategy, policy or intervention?
• Outcomes used
• Number of studies included in review
• Number of databases searched and disciplines
• Was grey literature searched or citation follow-up carried out?
• Types of studies included
• Synthesis methods—narrative/meta-analysis/realist/etc.
• Time/language restriction
• Main results and strength of findings including variations by gender, ethnicity or socio-economic status|
• Quality of underlying evidence: risk of bias and confounding, consistency across multiple settings.
• Proposed mechanistic pathways
• Clear evidence gaps identified
• Key contextual factors (e.g. political/social/historical)